Monday, July 23, 2012

Summertime beauty dilemma solved


The Beauty Dilemma: Your fingernails and toenails have an icky yellowish tint.

I can't remember the last time my toenails weren't painted so you can only imagine how freaked out I got when I took off the polish to discover my toenails had this funky yellow tint. After ruling out "Yellow Nail Syndrome" (yes it's a real but rare condition) or a fungus infection, my prolonged wear of nail polish is to blame.

While dark-color nail polish may be incredibly trendy and a summertime must, consistent wear can leave your natural nails looking like they’ve been permanently dyed a scary shade of sunflower. So what now?

The solution: To restore your nail beds to their natural nude hue, mix a few drops of fresh lemon juice with 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide in a plastic bowl. Completely saturate a few cotton balls in the mixture and rub your fingernails and toenails until the stain is removed. Moving forward, be sure to double up on your base coats!

No comments:

Post a Comment